Terms and Conditions
1. Proposal: All proposals are valid for 30 days from the date first set forth above. After 30 days, we reserve the right to increase prices due to the rise in cost of raw materials, fuel, or other cost increases. When applicable, MAXSHADE reserves the right to implement a surcharge for significant increases in raw materials, including, but not limited to; fuel, steel, and concrete. Due to the duration of time between proposals, contracts, and final installation, MAXSHADE reserves the right to implement this surcharge, when applicable.
2. Purchase: By executing said proposal, or submitting a purchase order pursuant to said proposal (which shall incorporate the terms of this agreement specifically by reference) which is accepted by MAXSHADE (the “Company”), the purchaser identified above (“you” or the “Purchaser”) agrees to purchase MAXSHADE brand shade structures (“Structures”) and the services to be provided by the Company, as detailed in the “Structure Pricing” and “General Scope of Work” sections of this agreement, above, or in the relevant purchase order accepted by the Company, for use by Purchaser or for installation by Company or Purchaser on behalf of a third-party who will be the ultimate owner of the Structures (the ultimate owner of a Structure, whether Purchaser or a third-party, being the “
3. Short Ship Claims: Purchaser has 15 days from receipt of the structures to file a short ship report in writing to its sales representative. Company will not honor claims made after this time.
4. Standard Exclusions: Unless specifically included under the “General Scope of Work” section above, this agreement does not include, and Company will not provide, services, labor, or materials for any of the following work: (a) removal and disposal of any materials containing asbestos or any hazardous materials as defined by the EPA; (b) moving Owner’s property around the installation site; (c) repair or replacement of any Purchaser or Owner-supplied materials; (d) repair of concealed underground utilities not located on prints supplied to Company by Owner during the bidding process, or physically staked out by Owner, and which are damaged during construction; or (e) repair of damage to existing surfaces that may occur when construction equipment and vehicles are being used in the normal course of construction.
5. Bonding Guidelines: If Purchaser will use or provide the Structures and Services for an Owner other than Purchaser (including, without limitation, as a subcontractor of Purchaser), Purchaser will include the following statement in Purchaser’s contract with Owner:
“The manufacturer’s warranty for the MAXSHADE brand shade structures is a separate document between MAXSHADE and the ultimate owner of the MAXSHADE brand shade structures, which will be provided to the ultimate owner at the time of completion of the installation and other services to be provided by MAXSHADE. Due to surety requirements, any performance and/or payment bond will cover only the first year of the MAXSHADE warranty.”
6. Insurance Requirements: Company is not required to provide any insurance coverage in excess of Company’s standard insurance. A copy of the Company’s standard insurance is available for your review prior to acceptance of the Company’s proposal.
7. Payment: Terms of payment are defined in the “Pricing Details” section and are specific to this contract. For purposes of this agreement, “Completion” is defined as being the point at which the Structure is suitable for its intended use, the issue of occupancy consent, or a final building department approval is issued, whichever occurs first. In any event where Completion cannot be affected due to delays or postponements caused by the Purchaser or Owner, final payment (less 10% retainage) is due within 30 days of the date when Completion was scheduled, had the delay not occurred. All payments must be made to MAXSHADE, LLC, 409 N Jefferson St., Irving, TX 75061. If the Purchaser or Owner fails or delays in making any scheduled milestone payments, the Company may suspend the fulfillment of its obligations hereunder until such payments are made, or Company may be relieved of its obligations hereunder if payment is more than 60 days past due. Company may use all remedies available to it under current laws including, but not limited to, filing of liens against the property and using a collection agency or the courts to secure the collection of the outstanding debt.
8. Lien Releases: Upon request by Owner, Company will issue appropriate partial lien releases as corresponding payments are received from Purchaser, but prior to receiving final payment from Purchaser or Owner. Company will provide a full release of liens upon receipt of final payment. In accordance with state laws, Company reserves the right to place a lien on the property if final payment has not been received 10 days prior to the filing deadline for liens.
9. Site Plan Approval, Permit/s, Permit Fees, Plans, Engineering Drawings, and Surveying: Site plan approval, permits, permit fees, plans, engineering drawings, and surveying are specifically excluded from this agreement and the Services unless specified under the “General Scope of Work”. The Company does not in any way warrant or represent that a permit or site plan approval for construction will be obtained. Sealed engineered drawings that are required but not included in the “General Scope of Work” will result in an additional cost to Purchaser.
10. Manufacturing & Delivery: Manufacturing lead-time from Company’s receipt of the “Notice To Proceed” is approximately 6 to 8 weeks for standard structures, and 8 to 12 weeks for custom structures. Delivery is approximately 1 week thereafter. Delivery of structures may be prior to or at the start of assembly. Please note that these timelines do not include approval or permitting timeframes.
11. Returned Product, Deposits, and/or Canceled Order: Within the first 45 days after shipment from our facility, all returned product(s) and canceled orders are subject to a 50% restocking fee. No returns are available following this 45 day period. All deposits are non-refundable. All expenses incurred (engineering, site surveys, shipping, handling, etc.) are the responsibility of the Purchaser, up to notice of cancellation.
12. Concealed Conditions: ”Concealed conditions” include, without limitation, water, gas, sprinkler, electrical and sewage lines, post tension cables, and steel rebar. This agreement is based solely on observations the Company was able to make either by visual inspection or by drawings and/or plans submitted by Owner at the time this agreement was bid. If additional Concealed Conditions are discovered once work has commenced, which were not visible at the time this proposal was bid, Company will stop work and indicate these unforeseen Concealed Conditions to Purchaser or Owner so that Purchaser and Company can execute a Change Order for any additional work. In any event, any damage caused by or to unforeseen Concealed Conditions is the sole responsibility of the Purchaser and Company shall not be held liable for any such damage. Soil conditions are assumed to be soil that does not contain any water, hard rock (such as limestone, caliche, etc.), rocks larger than 4 inches in diameter, or any other condition that will require additional labor, equipment and/or materials not specified by the Purchaser or Owner in the bidding process. Any condition requiring additional labor, equipment, and/or materials to complete the drilling or concrete operations will require a Change Order before the Company will complete the process. Price quotes are based on a drilled pier footing. Any variation will incur additional charges (i.e. spread footings, concrete mat, sand, water, landfill, etc.). Costs for footing and installation do not include any allowance for extending below frost lines (the additional costs for which vary by geographical region)
13. Changes in the Work: During the course of this project, Purchaser may order changes in the work (both additions and deletions). Additionally, an approving agency may require changes in the work from the original design or engineering quoted and provided by the Company (both additions and deletions.) The cost of these changes will be determined by the Company, and a Change Order form must be completed and signed by both the Purchaser and the Company, which will detail the “General Scope of the Change Order”. Should any Change Order be essential to the completion of the project, and the Purchaser refuses to authorize such Change Order, then Company will be deemed to have performed its part of the project, and the project and services will be terminated. Upon such termination, Company will submit a final billing to Purchaser for payment, less a labor allowance for work not performed but including additional charges incurred due to the stoppage. No credit will be allowed for materials sold and supplied, which will remain the property of the Purchaser.
14. Indemnification: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Purchaser shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its consultants, agents, and employees or any of them from and against claims, damages, losses and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees related to the installation of the Structure or performance of the services, provided that such claim, damage, loss, or expense is attributable to bodily injury to, sickness, disease, or death of a person, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property, but only to the extent caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the Purchaser or its agents, employees, or subcontractors, or anyone directly or indirectly employed by them or anyone for whose acts they may be liable, regardless of whether or not such claim, damage, loss, or expense is caused in part by a party indemnified hereunder. Such obligation shall not be construed to negate, abridge, or reduce other rights or obligations of indemnity that would otherwise exist as to a party or person described in Section 15.
15. Statement of Limited Warranty:
● The structural integrity of all supplied steel is warranted for 5 years.
● If assembly is provided by the Company, workmanship of the structure is covered for one year, including labor for the removal of any failed part, disassembly (if necessary), cost of shipping, and reassembly.
● All steel surface finishes are warranted for one year.
● Gale Pacific Commercial 95™ fabrics all carry a ten year limited manufacturer’s warranty against failure from significant fading, deterioration, breakdown, outdoor heat, cold, or discoloration. Should the fabric need to be replaced under the warranty, the Company will manufacture and ship a new replacement fabric at no charge for the first five years, thereafter pro-rated at 20% per year over the remaining five years. The following are exceptions to the preceding warranty terms:
- Individual fabric tops measuring greater than 40’ in length are covered by a non-prorated five year warranty;
- Serge Ferrari Soltis 502 waterproof membrane is subject to an eight year pro-rated warranty.
● Sewing thread is warranted for ten years.
● These limited warranties are effective from the date of sale, or, if assembly is provided by the Company, from the date of the invoice.
● In its sole discretion, the Company will repair and or/replace defective structures, products or workmanship, or refund that portion of the price related to the defective product, labor, or service rendered.
● The Company reserves the right, in cases where certain fabric colors have been discontinued, to offer the Purchaser or Owner a choice of available alternative colors to replace the warranted fabric. The Company does not guarantee that any particular color will be available for any period of time, and reserves the right to discontinue any color for any reason, without recourse by the Purchaser or Owner of the discontinued fabric color.
● Should the Purchaser or Owner sell the structures to another party, the warranty cannot be transferred to the new owner without a complete and thorough on-site inspection performed by a Company representative. Please contact the Company at email@example.com for more details
● All warranty claims covering Company supplied structures, products, and services must be submitted by Purchaser or Owner in writing to the Company within thirty days from the date of discovery of the alleged defect and must include a detailed description and applicable photographs of the alleged defect or problem. Warranty claims should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Purchaser or Owner agrees that venue for any court action to enforce these limited warranties shall be in the City or County of Dallas in the State of Texas, USA.These limited warranties are void if:
- The supplied structures, products, services and/or labor are not paid for in full;
- The structures are not assembled in strict compliance with MAXSHADE specifications;
- Any changes, modifications, additions, or attachments are made to the structures in any way, without prior written approval from the Company. Specifically, no signs, objects, fans, light fixtures, etc. may be hung from the structures, unless specifically engineered by the Company.
● These limited warranties do not cover defects and/or damages caused by:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse, willful or intentional damage, vandalism, contact with chemicals, cuts and Acts of God (i.e. tornado, hurricane, micro/macros burst, earthquake, wildfires, ice storms etc.);
- Snow or wind loads in excess of the designed load parameters engineered for the supplied structures;
- Use, maintenance, neglect, repair, and/or service inconsistent with the Company’s written care and maintenance instructions, provided with the order.
● The limited limited warranties explicitly exclude:
- Workmanship related to assembly not provided by the Company or its agents;
- Fabric curtains, valances, and flat vertical panels;
- Fabric tops installed on structures that were not engineered and originally supplied by the Company.
THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, LIQUIDATED, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFIT, USE OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, USE, OPERATION OR REPAIR OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY FOR THE COMPANY’S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT. SELLER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE OR TRADE USAGE. PURCHASER, BY ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, WAIVES ANY RIGHTS IT WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO CLAIM OR ASSERT THAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
● Company will notify the Purchaser of the scheduled assembly date. Owner agrees to have an owner representative meet the assembly crew at the job site on the scheduled assembly date to verify the exact location where the structure(s) is to be placed.
● Labor for the removal, assembly, and/or freight charges will only be covered by Company in instances where the structures supplied and installed by Company are determined by the Company to be defective. In all cases where structures are not installed by Company, all labor for the removal, assembly, and/or freight of the structures will be the Purchaser’s responsibility.
● Installation prices are based on a single mobilization charge. If additional mobilizations are required, there will be additional charges.
● If the requested services require Company access to Owner’s premises, Company will be provided access to the Owner’s premises free and clear of debris, automobiles, or other interference Monday ~ Friday during the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm, and Company will have access to water and electrical facilities during installation. Additional charges will apply if utilities are not easily accessible. Where applicable, all vehicles will be moved prior to Company’s crew beginning any installation.
● Company will not be responsible for moving or repairing any underground utility lines such as electrical, telephone, gas, water, or sprinkler lines that may be encountered during installation.
● Any additional costs incurred as a result of hard rock conditions requiring extra equipment, utility removal or repair resulting in delay will result in additional charges unless they are detailed on as-built site drawings provided to Company or marked on the ground and communicated to Company in writing prior to fabrication and installation.
17. Installation/Assembly on-site: Where installation/assembly is part of the services, Purchaser must provide the Company with a detailed drawing prepared by or for the Owner showing exactly where the structures are to be assembled as well as detailing any obstacles or other impediments that may cause the assembly process to be more difficult. Any fixture(s), e.g., playground, pools, etc., that the structures are to be assembled over must also be detailed, along with their peak heights (if applicable).
18. Site/Use Review by Purchaser: Company relies on the Purchaser to determine that the structures ordered are appropriate and safe for the Owner’s installation site and/or intended use. Company is not responsible for damages or injuries resulting from collisions by moving objects or persons with the structure post(s). Company can recommend, or supply at additional cost, padding for posts from a third party manufacturer.
19. Preparatory Work: Where installation/assembly is part of the services and in the event that the foundation or job site is not suitable or ready for assembly to begin on the scheduled day, a Delay of Order notification must be sent to Company at least 4 working days prior, in order to allow Company to reschedule the project. In the event that Company is not notified and incurs an expense in attempting to execute the assembly, a re-mobilization charge may be charged to Purchaser before Company will reschedule the assembly.
20. Delegation: Subcontractors: The services and the manufacturing and assembly of the structures may be performed by subcontractors under appropriate agreements with the Company.
21. Force Majeure: Impracticability: The Company shall not be charged with any loss or damage for failure or delay in delivering or assembling of the structures when such failure or delay is due to any cause beyond the control of the Company, due to compliance with governmental regulations or orders, or due to any Acts of God, strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, wars, or shortages in transportation, materials or labor.
22. Dispute Resolution: Any controversy or claim arising out of or related to this agreement must be settled by binding arbitration administered in Dallas, TX by a single arbitrator selected by the parties or by the American Arbitration Association, and conducted in accordance with the construction industry arbitration rules. Judgment upon the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Entire Agreement; No Reliance: This agreement represents and contains the entire agreement between the parties. Prior discussion or verbal representations by the parties that are not contained in this agreement are not part of this agreement. Purchaser hereby acknowledges that it has not received or relied upon any statements or representations by Company or its agents which are not expressly stipulated herein, including without limitation any statements as to the structures, warranties, or services provided hereunder.
24. No Third-Party Beneficiaries: This agreement creates no third-party rights or obligations between Company and any other person, including any Owner who is not also a Purchaser. It is understood and agreed that the parties do not intend that any third party should be a beneficiary of this agreement.
25. Governing Law: The agreement will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
26. Assignment: Purchaser may not assign this agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the Company. The agreement shall be binding upon and ensure to the benefit of the Company and the Purchaser, and their successors and permitted assigns.